Topic

Pant repair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pant repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I put a small rip in my favorite nylon hiking pants the other day. What's the best way to fix it? Iron on patch, or is there some kind of goo to put on the inside that will keep it from getting worse, without leaving a nasty spot on the outside? Thanks.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

patch on the inside … lightly seam grip from the inside as well

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Seam grip scares me. The last time I used that to repair a tear in a down bag, I ended up with that stuff everywhere, including myself. And it looked terrible. Maybe I learned a lesson, and it's time to try again.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

an iron patch by itself should be fine … put a towel or something over the fabric as you iron it so as to not damage it

my personal opinion for my outdoor clothes is that theyll get torn up eventually that a bit of seam grip isnt a big concern … its not like momma bear will stop chasing me just cause my jacket has a few patches in it ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools