Topic

MSR Carbon Reflex 2 on SAC $300

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MSR Carbon Reflex 2 on SAC $300

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TJ Christopher
    BPL Member

@compel

For the next 18 min.

Edit: There were 8 available and they sold out before the time expired. Backcountry has more than 200 in stock so maybe it will show up again.

chris gorham

@cmg3dd

Back up for the next 12 minutes

TJ Christopher
    BPL Member

@compel

and again for 10 min.

Emmett Lyman
    BPL Member

@ejl10

Locale: Northeast US

This is a pretty cool tent and I jumped on one when SAC had them last spring. But I ended up returning it for 2 reasons:

1) It isn't free standing like the Hubba and Hubba HP, despite their similar profiles. This one doesn't have the Y-frame feature, which means you lose the advantage of being able to pick it up and move it.

2) The roof of the tent is mesh, which means you don't really get the cold weather advantages of a double layer.

Still a nice tent, but not differentiated enough from my Contrail. I guess I was looking for a Hubba HP with lighter materials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools