Topic

Anyone cut up a vacuum flask (Thermos bottle) to make a light wt stainless water bottle?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Anyone cut up a vacuum flask (Thermos bottle) to make a light wt stainless water bottle?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I posed the same question over on the "gear" forum but thought I might get more traffic in this MYOG forum.

At any rate, Roger Caffin had the idea in another older thread to cut up an old thermos (vacuum flask) for a light weight stainless bottle. Anyone tried that? If so, what was your experience?

I'm currently using a Klean Kanteen wide-mouth (so my Steripen fits) but it weighs nearly half a pound. I'm aware of the weight savings of plastic but want metal…unlined metal.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools