Topic

The Blue Hole Kauai

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning The Blue Hole Kauai

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Toby Maxwell
    Spectator

@eeooo4-2

Locale: Idaho

Hi!

I am in the process of planning a trip to Kauai and am looking for some advice about the blue hole hike into the Waialeale crater. I know it involves a potential slog through mud and walking off trail and in a river. Does anyone have advice for this hike for a map and specific information about the route? Also assuming I go on an ideal less rainy day, would this be doable for people that are only moderately fit? A lot of info I have found elsewhere seems to come from more mainstream touristy people who complained about the mud etc so I cant get a good idea of the true rigor of the hike. We are adventurous but a group of some varied hiking experience. Any info would be great, and also if you think it'd be foolish to go without a guide that'd also be good to know!

Thanks so much!

Toby

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools