Topic

the everything gaiter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear the everything gaiter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Just thinking of a new project. Our group has been known to walk through some rough areas. A few of them have gotten pretty scratched up – one person’s shin ended up badly infected and had to go on antibiotics.

I am contemplating making a lightweight (relative for the project) tall gaiter with a front slot that you can slide in different materials for strength and function – kind of like combining a soccer shin guard with a gaiter. Could even be a base gaiter with a way of adding different front materials.

Found nothing on my search of this site and google.

Any ideas? Patterns as a starting point?

Thanks,

Dave

Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

I have not handled, or used these my self, but you might get some ideas from orienteering gaiters.

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Thanks Scott,

Looks like what I am looking for may already be available. I guess you need to know what to Google.

Dave.

P.S. I think that I have enough projects to keep me busy for the entire winter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools