Topic

Theme or limited gear group bp trips?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Theme or limited gear group bp trips?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Anyone else ever do a theme oriented, group bp trip for a weekend say? I hosted a minimalist/survival sort of trip a few years ago and four of us guys made it. Fun time. I gave a few prizes for what I thought embodied the spirit of the trip. I gave away a Red Bull stove and a freshly emptied Fosters can. We used tarps or plastic sheeting for shelters, one young man slept on a wool blanket, he left early Sunday before breakfast, having slept cold a couple nights, John Muir style, eating only cheese and Summer sausage for all meals.:) We cooked in/on a fire, one older guy like myself wrapped some freshly caught trout in foil, added lemon, pepper and inserted it all in the coals for about half an hour, can't remember. Turned out excellent. I did the same with corn on the cob and cooked a steak in my frying pan over the fire also so I made out ok. I wanted to do a vintage gear trip, but had little interest, everybody gets busy or did not want to use their old gear if they had any. I had given away my early '70's Camptrails pack a few years earlier, wish I had it back now.
    Duane

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools