Topic

Need a favor: Pics and info for SMD serenity net tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Need a favor: Pics and info for SMD serenity net tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hi, I'm about to repair a serenity net tent that had it's upper head and feet area tieouts torn out of the mosquito netting. Its the tieout points that connect to the gatewood cape to provide more interior space. Can someone please take a photo of that area of the tent for me? I'm curious to see how it looks in its original condition, and what length of cord is used for the tieout hook. Thank you!

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

Each loop is about a 1/4" wide and is about 2" long (total length of material). They're just a loop of a braided cordage; it "feels" like gutted paracord.

Here a few pictures. Hope this helps.
    Photobucket
    I never really noticed the tie outs not being lined up with the snap-loops on the Gate Wood and I don't know if SMD eye-balls the placement on these or not. Either way, here are the measurements–taken from the seams–on mine:
    (Head)
    Photobucket
    (Foot)
    Photobucket

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Aaron, my man…thanks for pulling though!! That's even more detail than I expected, and I greatly appreciate your time and effort. Being able to see the original tie out costruction leaves my pretty unimpressed…it's no surprise to me that the original owner of my net tent had his tie outs rip out from the mosquito netting. Thanks again dude!

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

While you have the sewing machine out consider adding a way of clipping up the screen door. I added a couple of 2" strips of grosgrain with a press stud to keep the net door open.

I assume that you must have quite an old Serentiy, as mine – bought just before the upgraded model (drat!) has a press stud system which should pop if too much strain is placed on the link.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools