Topic

Eddie Bauer/First Ascent – extra 20% off plus f/s – 9oz 800fp down vest $71!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer/First Ascent – extra 20% off plus f/s – 9oz 800fp down vest $71!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Use coupon code BHGNOV for an extra 20% off plus free shipping. Stacks with current down sale prices – I'm pretty sure the down sale ends today, not sure about the coupon. With coupon the Downlight vest is $71 before tax, Downlight sweater is $111 before tax.

Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

Thanks for posting this !!!

Got the wife a FA down vest and sweater.

Cheers!

Darren Bagnall

@dbagnall

Locale: El Portal, CA
    James McDaniel
    Spectator

@bigearth

I just used it on top of the down sale. What a steal. THANKS!! Even though you just cost me money;->

Todd Hein
    BPL Member

@todd1960

Locale: Front Range

I just ordered a tall vest…Thanks for the notice!

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Thanks — I've been looking for a while for a vest for my wife, and this is perfect. Now the hard part will be hiding it until Christmas.
    Total was just under $75 shipped to the door.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

thanks! picked one up for my bro for the holidays!

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

Thanks. Got the downlight sweater for my son for $111. Now I can sleep in on Black Friday and only lose $5 on the deal.

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

Locale: Midwest

Even with the extra 20% off the Cabela's is $40 cheaper. Just looking for a layering piece and wondering if there is a big difference.

Thoughts?

Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

I recently purchased the Cabela's Superlight 750 Down Jacket, size medium regular, color green on sale for $54.99, regular $130.

On my scale, the jacket weighs 18.4 oz. and, according to customer service, the jacket contains about ~6.5 ounces of down.

So far I like the jacket. The color is lovely, the fit is decent, the material is durable enough that I can wear it around town and in the woods, and it will keep me warm during the winter. I only wish it was equipped with a hood and less pockets. But for the price, versatility, and warmth… it works for me =)

Eric Botshon
    BPL Member

@ebotshon

Not to derail the thread – but how did that jacket fit?

What size did you get that you measured it at 18.5 oz? Cabellas customer service said they are 21oz.

I seem to be in between a small and medium on their chart. There is no local store and online returns are such a hassle.

Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

Eric, my men's size medium regular weighs 18.4 oz. My chest measurement is about 39 inches.

Overall, I am OK with the way the jacket fits me. I can wear a base-layer and full-zip hooded fleece underneath it without feeling like a stuffed sausage.

My recommendations for improving the jacket:

1.) make the arms an inch longer
    2.) add an optional hood
    3.) narrow the width a little
    4.) remove some pockets
    5.) narrower wrist cuffs

But, like I said, for the price, versatility, and warmth, I am happy with it. Obviously, the amount of clothing you plan on wearing underneath your jacket will help determine whether to choose a small or medium. When in doubt, you could order both sizes and return the one you don't want. Ask Cabela's if they will pay for return shipping.

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

Decided to go with the Sierra Designs Gnar Down Jacket. Picked it up at STP for $72 with a 40% off coupon they sent. Website stated it weighs 14 ounces.

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

Enjoy that jacket, its loaded with features for such a light jacket. I love it!

Long Nguyen

@bruisedle

Locale: SF Bay Area

Hey Justin,
    is that 40% off coupon at STP available to anyone else?
    Looking to pickup a couple of same jacket…thanks,

Long

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

They are for anyone. You just need to sign up for their Deal Flyer emails. Or you may be able to access the deal through this link (no benefit to me): http://email.sierratradingpost.com/dm?id=7AF16634609081C6CFC6330FCD64FCD9

Looks like they have a deal on it for $80 plus $2.95 shipping.

I just got mine yesterday… warm!

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

Forgot to mention that deal expires today 11/9

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools