Topic

60-90% off stp items

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 60-90% off stp items

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/sale/?pid=10014

there are a few interesting things such as down gear for men and women … ends the 27th i believe …

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

With STP, just the page link isn't enough, you need the discount code. In this case, the code for the sale (enter it on the checkout page) is EYG6993Z. Once you've entered the code you can browse around and see how much things are before adding them to the cart. Here's a link to all down items in the sale.

Of possible interest to this crowd, I noticed the Jansport Big Bear 63 pack (BPL writeup here) is in the sale, making it $46+shipping for a 3.25lb pack holding 63L — great starter or scout pack.

And for anyone who prefers more serious hiking boots to trail runners (bad ankles?), they've got a bunch of models of Kayland eVent boots in the sale as well. My experience with Kayland has been excellent — I've gotten them several times for family members who weren't ready for the ultralight plunge, but wanted reliable, waterproof supportive shoes for the trail.

And back to more practical matters, there is a lot of Icebreaker and Smartwool PhD stuff in the sale — mostly socks, but some tops, hats, baselayers, etc…

With the code, free shipping on purchases $100+, so if there are a few things you are looking at, it can be an excellent deal.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

thanks for the update tim … i forgot about that

Ben F

@tekhna

Does anyone have any experience with this brand, and with their silk baselayers especially? I've never really used silk, but they're 20 bucks.

Erik Sund

@sundek

I have one of the Terramar LS silk crew necks and a pair of the bottoms. They are THIN. I use mine as a lightweight sleeping shirt because it feels nicer than sleeping in what I've been hiking in and helps keep my sleeping bag clean. Don't expect to get a lot of insulation out of them, though. I wouldn't use them as a hiking shirt either, too light unless it's a sort of sub-base-layer. But if you're getting them for under $20, follow your own star.

Richard Malpass
    Spectator

@earthling4469a

Locale: Australia, Planet Earth,

This keycode has exceeded its maximum number of uses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools