Topic

Titanium Goat DWR bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Titanium Goat DWR bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Has anybody out there used the Titanium Goat DWR bivy? If you have please share your experience.

thanks, -jeff aka frankenfeet

Diana R
    BPL Member

@mysticmoose-2

Locale: Great Lakes region

I haven't yet used my bivy on an actual trip, but it's been on several backyard test runs. The DWR is very good, and I used the bivy in a light rain for 30 minutes without it soaking through. I've also used it in temperatures around 20°, with just a small opening for ventilation, and experienced almost no inside. The outside did get very damp from dew/condensation, though. I ordered the large size since I put my sleeping pad inside, and I wanted to have enough room for my winter bag. I also got the attached bug netting, which is a large "hood" of noseeum that give you plenty of ventilation. There's much more mesh than is shown on the pictures at the site. On my scale, the weight was 1.0 oz over specifications. Overall, I like it a lot and plan to use it on every trip where I don't take a floored shelter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools