Topic

seam seal formerly seam taped tent fly?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear seam seal formerly seam taped tent fly?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

I am wondering if you can seam seal a fly that used to be taped.. ie remove the bad sections of tape and seam seal it like usual?

i have a tent that has tape going across some velcro that is coming apart. seems that the tape does not stick very well to the velcro backing (grosgrain looking)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

If possible I would do it from the outside and leave the remaining tape where it is .
    Franco

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

+1 on sealing the other side. I got a tarp that someone used the wrong sealer on and it was flaking off. I was able to remove most of it but that little bit left made me wonder if it would start more trouble. I just sealed the other side with good stuff. Works fine.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Thanks guys. The rest of the fly could probably use a new coat anyway so can do it all at once.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools