Topic

Threading?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Spellman

@dspellman

Is there any way in this forum software to reply to a specific post within the thread? For example, I’d like to answer a specific request within a thread for information on a piece of the overall thread.

I’m sorta used to other BBS-type software that will show you the message you’re replying to, allow you to quote from it for clarity, will automatically supply the subject if there isn’t a change, reply to a specific user, follow a sub-thread, etc. Unless I’m missing something, this software doesn’t handle any of that…

In addition, I can’t find any indication of what messages are new since the last time I was on, what threads may have been added, etc. It’s a time-consuming search to find that information. Is there something I have to turn on in my user profile, er wot?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Yes, it supports threading. it’s been turned off because of people complaining about not having flat threads with posts in date order…

forum updates on the way, including unread posts flags…

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Any chance of storing ‘cookie’ info in user’s cache & using this info to control:

1) default post order, i.e. ‘chrono’ vs. ‘rev. chrono’ order, so that the user does not have to change it to ‘rev. chrono’ order each time the BPL forums are visited?

and

2) the desired overall post viewing format, i.e., the current “flat” model vs. indented “threads” model

Another nice feature would be to Print (or Save to a text file) an entire thread at one time. Using the Browser’s Print/Save features has the draw back of saving all of the frames and not just the message post content – workable, but not as “clean” as far as the output goes.

Really appreciate the “Watch this Thread” feature. Saves me a lot of checking when nothing new has been posted. Many thanks.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Good thoughts. We’ll consider these for further upgrades.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Just noticed your “My New” & “server side” tracking.

Unless i’m mistaken, y’all were way ahead of me, or…

someone’s been very busy? Prob. both?

Great work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools