Topic

Fosters Ridgeline Cans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Fosters Ridgeline Cans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Eric, did you get yours?

I made up a dozen 1 cup capacity cans and 1 dozen non-alcoholic beverage 2 cup capacity cans out the Monster energy drink cans. Good for scouts and youth groups.

They are now in the stove store.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/foster-ridgline-pot.php

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Got my mini's last night!

Pretty impressed. I'll give em a proper test this weekend when I have some more time.

The rolled lip looks pretty professional and no sharp edges to be found. Just two horizontal ridges on this model and the can will flex some but I'm confident it will stand up in the field. Especially inside a Ziploc 2-cup screwtop container. The lids don't fit perfectly but with the included silicon band that was included with my pots they snug up well enough for boiling water and keeping the rattle noise down during transport. I like the little zip-ties that you included as a lid lifter. Inside of the Ziploc container the fit is perfect without any movement by the can.

Thanks again Zelph!

Scott Pickard

@gon2srf

Locale: Southern California

Got mine in the mail today, so sweet. Delivered quickly and packaged perfectly, thank you.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I like the green and gold.

Glad to hear they are arriving.

The lid for the cut-down version is kept centered by the silicon lip guard. It's a tad larger the can. Only a smidgen tad. I could have someone with a cnc lathe machine them if that's ok. I'll just have to jack up the price $10.00 :-) No Ti though.

Next week I'll have some 6 gram stoves ready to couple it up with windscreen and a one cupper can that will fit in the Ziploc container. I have a feeling it's going to wind up being the lightest kit around.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I was able to heat a package of ramen noodles to perfection in the 2 cup capacity can. Just for the fun of it. Next time I'll reduce the amount of water to 2.750 cups. 2 cups makes the noodles expand to the rim of the pot. No room for a good boil if that's necessary. They fully cooked by the time they raised to the top of the can.

<center>

</center>

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

So far I'm quite impressed with my 1-cup pot. I tried taking an SOS pad to the can to get rid of the bright blue fosters. It takes quite a bit of time! I was organizing my gear box and on a whim picket up my REI insulated mug with cut-off handle. It is a perfect sleeved fit for the Fosters can pot. In addition to my solo 1-cup pot I may be looking at getting the 2-cup version too as part of my two-person kit.

Zelph - Fosters

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

As time went on I was able to find a supplier for a better can to make the one cup capacity Ridgeline. I should have a photo of it by the end of the day or first thing in the morning. I'm glad you find the cup to your liking. I tried taking the printing of a couple of full size cans and gave up. really messy job useing jelled paint stripper. The new can has no printing on it and the lid fits perfect. I also should have the accessory pot holder finalized today also. It's nice how your mug fit into the foster's, nice compact unit. Good thinking. Thanks for the feed back.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Well I'm not doing to well. Only finished the video on the Acessories. They and the new one cup can will be listed for sale tomorrow at http://www.zelphs-stoveworks.com

1. a silicone pot grabber
    2. a plastic cover for the cut down 1&2 cup cans. Makes for a nice storage container.
    3. some 3" silicone discs for assisting in the moving of the hot pot.

The video was made late in the day. Low light and in a hurry.

Here is a video of the accessories, click on the picture and it will take you to photobucket:

<center>

</center>

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Black Friday Super Sale

For 6 hours only all Foster's Ridgeline products are 20% off entire order.

Savings will be refunded via paypal at time of shipping

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/foster-ridgline-pot.php

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/foster-ridgeline-accessories.php

JD Schaefer
    BPL Member

@jdrower

Locale: North Carolina

Zelph
    Will either of your pots sit in the wind screen TrailDesigns includes in their Keg kitchen? I have the lips from the Heineken can my kitchen included but the Heineken is narrow and the circular ridge at the bottom traps food to see nothing of plastic melting.

Thanks
    JD

Ray Dunham

@raymond

Locale: SE US

When will the 6 gram stove be available for purchase?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

JD, The 2 cup capacity Foster has a lip on it similar to a Heineken can. I would guess a cone windscreen will hang onto it> I'll see if I can find my custom cone screen and see how it supports the can by it's lip.

I have 1.5 dozen 9 gram stoves made. I used an different pot support material, non-corrugated stainless and it hiked the weight up to 9 grams. I'm more comfortable with the new support. More durable.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I got mine in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I opted for the ~2 cup version. I gotta say, they are very nicely made. Congrats and thanks!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I put together a Mini Fancee Feest kit with the 9 gram stove.

If the you tube video does not load will someone let me know it's done please. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools