Topic

winter bivy challenge

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear winter bivy challenge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

First entry in my quest for the most versatile winter bivy is a hack job on a black diamond winter bivy. I added a foot box, 8 inch side walls and a breathable slippery top elongated to cover my face…spin drift protection. I plan to test it against a bivy I have yet to make from breathable tyvek that I got from Dave Miles.

shoulder season bivy

integrated sheet:anti - spindrift

Enjoy,

Dave

Laurens Wit
    BPL Member

@laurenswit

You know your dog thinks you're nuts
    I also have a Border Colie she gives me the same look

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

you are right, he gets mad if I go down to the craft room. My job is to throw him the ball. :)

Dave

Keith Moses
    BPL Member

@kmoses

Locale: southeast tn.

Post a pic of your tyvek bivy?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

A border collie just wants a job, any job. Herding, guarding, pacing, but you have to give them a job.

–B.G.–

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Keith – I'm still finializing the design and will sew it when I get back from this weekends trip. (I should get some insights from the current one by then)

Bob – ain't it the truth, but I think you may have it wrong. We are here to serve the animals, we just are so dense that they have to come up with ways to tell us what they want. He was a mess when we got him -a rescue – overweight, matted, stir crazy. He is now trim and the best dog we have ever had. I am working on ways to get him on the trail with me…just bought some booties and a pack.

Have a good weekend – I will

Dave

David Miles
    Spectator

@davidmiles

Locale: Eastern Sierra

Dave,

I finally took a few pictures of the rescue bivy I made for our group (CLMRG). This is great for 2-3 people to share body heat on a cold winter bivy. Also very important for us to warm a hypothermia victim. I decided I like the zipper better that the other opening I had.

Dave

Open
    Closed

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Hi Dave,

I like the simplicity of your design. If I ran the zippers 18" down each side – and meeting in the middle, I may have what I am looking for…full coverage, spin drift protection and enough room for all of my gear – sans sled. Nice website. THanks for being part of a SAR.

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools