Topic

Source for trapezoidal D-rings?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for trapezoidal D-rings?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Badenoch

@77zero

Does anybody know where to procure metal D-rings with straight sides — similar to what CiloGear uses? Cilo refers to them as "dee-clips", but I'm coming up with zilch searching for that.

(the one on the right)

Sorry Graham… love your packs (and hilarious CiloGear propaganda films), but they're a little too alpine climbing and not enough bikerafting for my use.

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

These looplocks found here are pretty similar.

http://www.questoutfitters.com/plastic.htm#Acetal Fasteners

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

Locale: Southeast

I would love to get some of those!

Andrew Badenoch

@77zero

The rectangular style might work, but if properly sized, the trapezoid will be more secure as the outer piece gets pulled toward the narrower end (which would happen more or less naturally under load).

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

Have you considered just using a standard loop attached to the pack then to attach your straps just fold webbing over (4 layers thick) and stitching down the middle of the layers. This tab will fit though the loop and then the barb created will not pull out. It is an easy way to attach straps/ accessories and still be able to remove them. I have found this method to be extremely secure.

dx40 3

Andrew Badenoch

@77zero

Cool. I like it.

Scott Littlefield

@sclittlefield

Locale: Northern Woods of Maine

That's really clever Chris – I'm sold!

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

It wan't my idea, I don't remember which pack I saw this loop and tab used on, but I really like it.

Chad Ware

@ware4

Locale: Northwest Georgia

I'm also looking for a source for webbing/strap keepers. Much like a looploc, but with one of the long edges split so that it can slip onto the webbing (one long edge is sewn to the loose end of the webbing, the other long edge slips over the functional portion of the webbing).

My pack has a couple of these for keeping the loose webbing ends attached (instead of hanging all over the place). I'd like to add them to the other straps to clean the whole mess up.

I've checked Thru-hiker, Oware and Quest but I can't seem to find them.

Andrew Badenoch

@77zero

Is something like this what you mean?

Chad Ware

@ware4

Locale: Northwest Georgia

Very similar, this is actually what I'm looking for. Seems like a simple thing, but thus far I'm stumped:

looploc

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Very clever!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools