Topic

NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag – 5’6″ size – on Geartrade for $233 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag – 5’6″ size – on Geartrade for $233 shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag – 5'6" size – on Geartrade for $233 shipped.

Sick price on a WM bag… wish it was longer, but I'm sure someone here will grab it:
    http://www.geartrade.com/item/213827

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

Wow this is a great deal! I have never used geartrade before though? Have you had any good experiences with it? thanks
    -Sam

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Most of the stuff on Geartrade (including the bag) are Backcountry.com (or SAC, etc.) returns.

Only thing to watch out for is to inspect the item within 72 hours of receiving it, because that's the window where you can make a claim for an item not being as described. Inside of 72 hours they're very helpful with making things right (allowing a return or giving a partial credit to purchase a replacement part, for example), but once that window has passed that protection is gone.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Sam, it looks like backcountry.com is the seller of that item…so you can be confident with that transaction. The vast majority of listings on geartrade are by backcountry. I've ordered stuff off geartrade before, and never have had problems when the seller was BC.com

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Same experience as others — if the seller is listed as backcountry.com, you're in very good hands. They have amazing customer service, and will make things right. The only thing to know when you're on geartrade is that you don't have the same warranty you would if you purchased through backcountry.com proper. However, for most gear, that's not really an issue.

I buy without hesitation when backcountry.com is the seller; if its anyone else, then I would ask at least one or two questions of the seller to see if they seemed responsive and knowledgeable. But honestly, I think I've only ever bought one thing on geatrade that wasn't from backcountry.com.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Thanks for all the positive feedback on geartrade. I was naturally hesitant at first not knowing the company but I have been looking for a bag for my girlfriend and I this seems like a great deal!

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Samuel,
    Saw that it's already been sold off geartrade; I'm hoping you were the one who snagged it. Nothing Western Mountaineering lasts there very long.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Hey Tim,
    Unfortunately I was not the lucky person to get it. Oh well! I was looking for a bag but I just did not have 233 in loose cash to spend it on a bag but thanks for the kind thought! Now i know another sight to hover around for great deals!

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Here's the link… downside (for most of us) is that it's the 5'6" bag. But if you're the right size, this is a great deal on a WM bag.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools