Topic

Cell phone coverage in Ansel Adams wilderness (Agnew medows)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Cell phone coverage in Ansel Adams wilderness (Agnew medows)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Hey all,
    Just wanted to see if anyone had luck with cell phones on PCT around agnew meadows->1000 isle lake?

My wife is worried and wants a call a day…

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I swear I remember seeing someone on a cell phone at the Agnew trailhead. Fwiw, I know there's reception at Red's Meadow Pack Station.

Dave T

@davet

I, for one, hope there is no cell phone coverage there.

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Dave, while i share your sentiment, i would rather keep my family updated via txt message if that's possible. I love my wife and son and don't want them worry.

Dave T

@davet

Yuri. I'm sure we totally agree. I'm anti-cell phone reception in wilderness, whilst pro-contact with wives when hiking! (That's why we get to do what we do!)

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

i just got back and while i had some signal the txt message i've sent didnt make it to the family …So really, there is no signal to be frank, even if the cell phone claims otherwise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!