Topic

TrailDesigns out of business!?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals TrailDesigns out of business!?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I tried to email Trail Designs to buy a Caldera Cone stove, but the email bounced. Are they out of business?

"I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
    67.28.113.136 does not like recipient.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Contact George (Tin Man) at AntiGravityGear. I believe he has a working relation with them and could probably shine a light onto your inquiry.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I'm fairly certain that Anti-Gravity Gear sells the Caldera Cones. They've also started producing a couple of the tarps of Brawny's design (formerly sold on Trailquest.net).

Adam

Brett .

@brett1234

Thank you both, found the Caldera Cones at AGG. TrailDesigns evidently had some fitted for the SnowPeak cups, which I was hoping for. But oh well, maybe I can make my own out of aluminum sheeting.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

You might even be able to send Tin Man an email and ask him if he can do it for you. I know he will do i t for cozys so it may be worth a shot asking him.

Adam

John Adams
    BPL Member

@scsjohn

Locale: Midwest

Try: [email protected]

Just ordered a caldera for snow peak 700 and they (he) was very helpful.

Hope that works!

Rand Lindsly
    BPL Member

@randlindsly

Locale: Yosemite

Woah!!! We're FAR from out of business! In fact up to our ears in orders that we're working hard to fill. Sorry for not responding to this thread earlier…..I try to track the G-Spot forum…..and look for where hits come from on our site…..but this fell through my highly tuned sensor net because it didn't match either of my cleverly selected criteria. :-)

Not sure why your mail failed…..as mentioned here…. [email protected] has been working pretty reliably. Sometimes folks forget the "s" and try traildesign.com. Let me know if you are still having problems.

For general information, the email reference on our web site is just a pictorial/graphic of the spelling of the email address. This prevents web crawlers/spiders/robots/etc from harvesting our email addresses. The issue with this is that you have to retype the address when you send it….and on ocassion we bump into transcription errors in that process. I apologize again for any issues…and please let me know if you encounter consistent problems.

Rand :-)

Brett .

@brett1234

Rand,
    You are probabably aware your products are sold in Japan, but I was surpsired to see your products in a store called 'OD Box' here in Tokyo, near Ueno station. I didn't imagine your company was known much outside the US. They have a good selection of cottage industry outdoor goods, primarily from America; including your windscreens and other products, and even, up by the cash register, behind a plexiglass case, a vertically mounted and suitably annotated.. BPL titanium spoon! ooooh.

If you would like me to promote your items further to the OD Box staff, or the big retailers (Victoria, Montbell, ICI, etc..) let me know. Maybe they would send you a large order. I especially think the caldera stoves would be a big hit here in Japan, because the Snowpeak 600s, 700s, and 900s which are a good size for calderas are very popular and common here; and "eco" products (like maybe alcohol stoves) are HUGE right now.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Brett, the people at OD Box in Okachimachi actually follow the threads here, I think. They always seem to be up on all the latest UL gear, so they must be following something like that on the American sites. I was there last week and bought a Jacks R Better Weather Shield. I've spoken to the guy in charge of the ultralight gear section up on the fourth floor, he really knows his stuff and is nuts about building his own alchohol stoves. He was excited to tell me about the new Finetrack featherweight softshells, that feel somewhat like the Forgg Togg material, but are made of nylon. Shower climbers use them as featherweight waterproof jackets that act as windshells.

Down in the shoe and pack sections the guys seem to know less about what is going on, though.

UL is a hard sell in Japan because people don't like to change methods easily. Just look at the tents here… all two pole domes, even MontBell doesn't go too far out on a limb with its tents. But if it can be done with flair and well-made design UL just might be sold.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools