Topic

Thorofare pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thorofare pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stephen wark

@coldworlder

Locale: Green Mountains

I was reading a few posts on these pants and they look awesome. Does anyone know if they will be coming back in stock? If not, any sense of the "next best thing" out there?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Thorofare pants will not be back in stock as they were previously only available through the Backpacking Light gear store, which closed down a few months ago.

stephen wark

@coldworlder

Total bummer. Any idea of something similar?

Ivan Dominguez
    BPL Member

@idtejera

Locale: Canary Islands
    stephen wark

@coldworlder

…for scoring

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

.511 company (law enforcement tactical clothing) makes a great heavy nylon pant with double seat and double knees. Be sure to get nylon, not the cotton version.

The double knees have an inside pocket so you can insert their neoprene pads. Great for protection when rock scrambling, something we do frequently here around Las Vegas' desert and mountain trails.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

My Thorofare pants in size large weigh 4.1 oz (and it is a very large, "large").

I can walk slowly through a stream, knee deep with moving water, stop in the middle to take a picture, and come out the other side with the pants bone dry. They are miracle pants. There is no other pants to compare, that I know of. I only wish I had bought a half-dozen pair or more!

It seems Rohan has discontinued those pants, as they do not show up in their catalog anymore.

I just ordered Railriders Adventure pants (about 10 oz) to see what they are like.
    I have some Railriders shirts which I really like.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools