Topic

SHT Oct. 7-9th

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips SHT Oct. 7-9th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

I'm looking for a buddy to backpack with this weekend on the SHT. It looks like the colors are at their peak this weekend and I'm ichin' to get out and see them.

I don't have a section of trail picked out yet and am open to suggestions. I've through hiked the trail once and section hiked it a couple of times over the years. I'm fine doing a laid back or intense trip with daily mileage ranging from 10 to 20 mpd.

I live in Duluth so I'm close to the trail.

Here's to hoping I find a hiking buddy.

Chad
    [email protected]

Tom Ferry
    BPL Member

@thecook

Have a great trip! I was just up there on the 30th and 1st and the colors were starting but not at peak. Gooseberry down to CtRd 301 and back the next day. The river was fantastic. The yellows were nice but most of the reds weren't out yet.

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Hey Tom thanks for the info on the trail colors! I'm thinking of either doing Demonstration Forest Rd to Goosesberry Falls (31.5 miles) or Highway 1 to Crosby Manitou State Park (26.2 miles).

Trevor Shrade
    BPL Member

@trevman3205

Locale: Wisconsin

Hey, sounds like a great trip. Unfortunately (for me) I have a wedding that weekend I need to go to. Otherwise I would totally be up for getting out. Maybe next time.

Have Fun,
    Trevor

Dana Sherry
    BPL Member

@dsherry

Locale: Southwest

I havent' pursued hiking friends on this forum before, but wanted to mention send me a message with a month or so warning and I'll see if I can make it happen. Been meaning to get over there. I'm in Marquette.
    Dana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools