Topic

were to buy 3m double sided cuben tape

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear were to buy 3m double sided cuben tape

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

i am currently using the double sided stuff from quest but have heard some good things about the 3m stuff anyone know were to buy this ?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

http://www.sailrite.com/Seamstick-1-Super-Basting-Tape-by-3M-60-Yds

supposed to be good tape for cuben
    1/2 inch wide but maybe they make 3 mm also

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Not sure if it is 3M brand or not but Bearpaw Wilderness Designs sells cuben tape by the yard.

warren mcclintock

@the_gr8t_waldo

there's a thread on hammock forums that deals with construction techniques as well as dealers in 3m supplies (post 59) for this sorta project- in the DIY section, under "DIY cuben tarp -minimal sewing,using VHB tape" sorry but i would add a link to this but for some reason i currently can't

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

RS Hughes sells it but they rip you off big time on shipping. They sell some stuff through amazon, which is much more reasonable. I've ordered twice from them; once from amazon ($8 shipping for a roll of tape and several other items) and once from the RS Hughes website (over $20 shipping for UPS ground from an in state warehouse for one roll of tape).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools