Topic

$300: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4 Tent: 4-Person on Steepandcheap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals $300: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4 Tent: 4-Person on Steepandcheap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Buck Stolberg
    BPL Member

@bstolberg

Locale: Harlem

Listed 5lb 9oz for 57 sq ft. Looks like a good UL family tent.

50% off. I saw it earlier today and 8 of them went in 15 minutes. It's back on (and usually rotates throughout the day) with 18 tents available.

Good luck

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

If it's not there at 4:15pm EST keep checking, it will likely pop up again.

Carl Umland
    BPL Member

@chumland

Locale: Pacific Crest Trail, mostly

Buck,
    Thanks for the heads up info. I jumped all over it. It'll be our "Bicycle Touring" tent.
    Best,
    Carl & Ellen aka Mulestomper & Sky Pilot

James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

I've been waiting to finally grab one, and now I did. Should make a great family tent.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

I checked on and off all day, no luck. Cool reminder about a site I'd forgotten about, though!

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

Copper Spur UL4 will be on today. 10/11/2011

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

How are you able to see what's upcoming on Steep & Cheap? I missed it again, not for lack of checking.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

They send an email in the morning with 4 random items appearing that day. It just happened to be one of the items in the email.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Thanks, Will. I had that turned off. Shoot!

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

no probs

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The UL3 just hit SaC

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

price is $259 for anyone who cares

TJ Christopher
    BPL Member

@compel

The UL4 just came back up on SAC for $294. Gogo.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

It bears repeating: #$%@!!! The email notifiers aren't coming to me, despite setting for it and dangit if I don't miss these cool courtesy notes people post until it's too late.

Kristin Fiebelkorn
    BPL Member

@kushbaby

Locale: South Texas

I started haunting SAC specifically to pick up one of these (finally got it yesterday!). I ended up downloading the app to my iPhone, and setting the alerts. I have my phone with me most of the time, and was able to catch this one.

They had 11 of them originally, and were down to six with 7 minutes left. Then I had to go do something. Anyone know if they sold out? (If not, maybe they'll come back…)

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

" Anyone know if they sold out? (If not, maybe they'll come back…)"

Looks like they still have 93 left.

If you ever want to know how many they have remaining just go check thier backcountry.com and departmentofgoods.com sites.

James Castleberry

@winterland76

It's back on for next 17 minutes or so.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Still can't get the notices to send and suffering a "green with consumer jealousy" bout. S&C, I have the 300!!! ha ha

Sarah Kuhn
    BPL Member

@sckuhn

Locale: Mountainous Ohio

I've heard of others who have called Backcountry with a similar situation and Backcountry honored the SAC price for them….. worth a phone call!

Patty LaBelle
    BPL Member

@gozlin7

Locale: Southest Michigan

This is back up on Steep and Cheap.

Patty

Art Bedard

@bedarda

FYI: I saw the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4 Tent priced down to $365 after all the promotional discounts were applied ref: http://www.humbleoutdoors.com/

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Well, I have never been able to get my Steep and Cheap to send the emails…no idea, but I sure get the Sierra Trading: they've got the heavy, old, 2011 boat-anchor Copper Spur UL4's on clearance. ADD the 35% coupon they sent today, or should I say "subtract"? Well, the result is $292.47.

Got one. DONE.

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

For those that don't know, there's a site (with which I have no association) called http://www.sacalerts.com/ where you can sign up and then set alerts for steap and cheap and a couple other backcountry.com deal sites. For example, I set alerts for "3-person" and "3 person" and got emails everytime a 3 person tent came up on the steapandcheap site.

Grabbed a Big Agnes Hager House 3 tent for $120 to use as my car camping tent, I'm sure you can set a "copper spur" alert to get emailed if the tent comes up again, instead of having to stare at the site all day.

David Vo

@sygyzy

I was just wishing to myself that something like this existed. Thank you so much for sharing!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools