Topic

GPS Watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GPS Watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony Fleming
    BPL Member

@tonyfleming

Locale: Midwest

I'm looking at buying a GPS watch. My options are the Suunto X10, Garmin 310XT, or Garmin 405,610, or Polar RCX5? Any advise from current users on what you like about what you are using, or what you would buy next?

Thanks!

Tony

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

I have the 405CX with the touch sensitive bezel. While I like it quite a bit, I think the 610 brings in some improvements in the interface. On the 405, the bezel would change my screens if I brushed it across my skin or a wet surface (like a wet long sleeve running shirt) – you can lock the bezel by pressing both start and reset buttons at the same time. The 610 uses a resistive touch screen which requires a firm press to select items – sounds very similar to the garmin gps touch screens. I have found ways to work with the bezel of the 405 but sometimes, it does not sense touch as responsively as I would like. It's not a reason for me to dump the 405 – it has excellent features – but if I had to decide between the two, I would go for the 610.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools