Topic

New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

Holy Fantastic Timing, Batman! I'm in need of some waterproof boots, and l love New Balance! Thanks, BPL!

now,

Dear Santa,

William Johnson

@steamboat_willie

Thank you for the review Will, Janet and BPL.

One point of contention is the top metal lace anchor. I have MLD snow gaiters and am worried of that metal rubbing through the bottom of my gaiter, yikes! Not certain how to protect from that.

Thanks again. Nice boots. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Although this shoe is still widely available, my understanding from speaking with an online retailer (who is significantly discounting their remaining inventory)is that New Balance has discontinued this model. We may need to come up with yet another shoe.

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

The toes look like they have just about as much protection as the New Balance trail shoes I hiked in over Pennsylvania's famous rocky AT last year. My toenails have grown back, thanks.

I have Keen Targhee's now. Yup, heavier, but I like having toe nails and I don't mind being pain free on the trail either.

Look at the Keen toe protection. What a difference!

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Thanks for the excellent review!
    I just ordered a pair through Joe's New Balance Outlet for $75!

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Why do manufacturers continually add unnecessary frilly things to women's backpacking clothing?? The woman's New Balance 1000 boot has a "frilly collar." Why? I don't go into the outdoors to make a fashion statement or to look cute. This is something that has cropped up in women's backpacking clothing and I see no need for it. I don't want "frilly" anything – just practicality and decent performance. Grrr.

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Oops! I meant to write "furry collar." That's what happens when I post when I'm upset! LOL But the rest of my post still stands. Please – no "frilly" or "furry" anything, thank you.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I received my New Balance 1000's today. They look great and size 11.5 men's D width weigh exactly 36 ounces per pair.

It will be a while before I can test them for their intended use in a winter environment. However, I put them on as soon as I came from work and walked around the neighborhood and have been wearing them in the house all evening. Here is my quick assessment. Even though they are "hiking boots" they are nearly as comfortable as any trail runner, more so than most, at least to me. Secondly, they are warm. It was everything I could do to keep them on tonight – it is 82 degrees outside here in Florida and 75 in the house with the A/C on. I know,… not exactly an acid test of the insulation :)

I'll be spending some time in the White Mountains of New Hampshire this winter and I'm looking forward to giving them a real test!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools