Topic

women’s puffy down jackets on sale?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals women’s puffy down jackets on sale?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

Anyone know of bargains? 800 fill etc.

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

Campsaver has a lot of items on sale with a bunch of sizes left for women.

Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

campsaver does have some great deals, I just ordered something with a 15% off coupon but heres another site I just recently found. Let us know what you get. They have quite a few on sale now, look around on their site. I am not affiliated with the site at all and havent bought anything from them yet.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/womens-apparel/womens-jackets/down-filled-jackets.html

Clint Wayman
    Spectator

@cwayman1

Locale: East Tennessee, US

I really cannot recommend Sierra Trading Post highly enough! Good selection (typically) and great prices!

Good luck!

Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

I agree with STP, I have bought a bunch from them, but sometimes they dont have exactly what your looking for. And they dont carry some brands that I like.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

I've bought from backcountrygear.com in the past and they have always been excellent. Great service and attention to detail. To be fair, so has Campsaver. They have also gone out of their way to give good service.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Backcountrygear.com
    Backcountry.com
    Altrec.com
    Prolitegear.com
    Campmor.com
    e-omc.com (Oregon Mountain Community)
    Sierratradingpost.com
    Moontrail.com

Note that several of the above have outlets for even more savings. As does REI.

These firms have always been excellent for me.

I use Google Shopping to find prices and very often these firms or the others mentioned in this thread have good bargains. I haven't tried campsaver but will based on the above recommendations.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

6pm.com ?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Look at Montbell's jackets, because they make some really nice women's down jackets and the prices are way lower than pretty much every other brand (ie. $180-$190 for an 800fp nice jacket with high end fabrics). If you can find a Montbell jacket on a slight sale then you'll be laughing. Montbell recently updated some of their jackets so I bet it's not that hard to find the older colors for $150 or so.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Loads of good stuff at Eric's link.

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

My wife has the Stoic down jacket, which we picked up last spring at a great price. They are currently selling it for $110, which is more than we paid, but still not bad for what you get. On my scale, her size small weighs 10.9oz and has a very flattering cut; 750-fill.

One jacket from them that just came out that I would be watching for sales on are their Stoic down anoraks… pullover style with a kangaroo pocket, hood, buttons instead of a half-zip, and 850-fill down. List price is $179, but in my experience, everything Stoic comes down at least 30% pretty quickly as backcountry.com has pretty quick turnover for their house brands. They don't list a weight on the women's jacket, but the men's is listed as 8oz… might be a great piece of kit.

In my opinion, though, your best deals are going to be signing up for emails from Sierra Trading Post — they send special deals every few days to your account, and you can pretty frequently get 30-35% off, plus free shipping, in addition to their existing prices. It looks like they've got a couple of jackets that would fit your specs.

Mountain Hardwear Nitrous Down Hooded Jacket is $155, so would be ~$100 with a coupon.

The Mountain Hardwear Phantom Down Jacket doesn't have a hood, but I think has more insulation and would be a similar price.

If you want something even warmer, the Lowe Alpine Iceshield Down Jacket – 750 Fill Power would work out to ~$120.

Those are just quick search results. If you dig deeper you'll find even more options. Basically, in the $100-$120 range, you'll have choices at all weights and warmths. I'd grab something soon, though, since I would expect the (low cost) options to decrease as people buy out the rest of last year's stock and prep for winter.

Claudia Garren
    Spectator

@spirit4earth

Locale: North Carolina

Sometimes they have great stuff on sale: http://www.patagoniawarehouse.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools