Topic

A Case Study of Unsupported, Roadless, Long Distance Trekking: Part 1. Pack Weight, Distance, and Caloric Balance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable A Case Study of Unsupported, Roadless, Long Distance Trekking: Part 1. Pack Weight, Distance, and Caloric Balance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>there's another component that offers significant additional weight savings

Yeah, my gut…

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Tom, so you ran some numbers: 2.25# for the 1st 6d, that's still significant, IMHO. Good quantification.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

BD Davis wrote: "I always pick these up, and other jams, honey packs, etc. when staying at a hotel and getting the continental breakfast goodies. Now I am down to my last two so have to go to another hotel."

Mais non! You can buy them online.

Your little tubs of PNB:
    http://www.minimus.biz/detail.aspx?ID=447

And squeezable foil packets:
    http://www.minimus.biz/detail.aspx?ID=7490

Alas, no crunchy. We usually take one of those refillable "toothpaste" tubes made by Coghlans and others– one with peanut butter, another with jam.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Locale: The Canadian Shield

Where can I find parts 2 and 3 of this article?

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools