Topic

CW-X tights

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) CW-X tights

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

hey, Ive been looking for some tights to wear for winter trail running and as a baselayer for snowshoesing and skiing, Ive looked at some models by addidas, nike, and salomon, but the best that I have found are those made by CW-X, I would just buy some ultralight tights from smartwool or golite, but for active sports I would prefer a performance tight made with muscle support panels. I have used coolmax tights both with and without, and have seen the diference, expecialy in the cold weather.

but every website I have looked at dose not have the weight listed, I would like to know the weights before buying a pair.

Nigel Sanderson

@onthefells

Locale: The Chilterns and Peak District

Ryan, which type of CW-X tight are you talking about? I've got a couple of pairs, a longer winter type and a 3/4 length pair that are also thinner. I have to say I'm not convinced by the hype surrounding these things, I definitely don't run any faster in them than my Salomon or Nike tights. Infact I'd go so far as to say that any benefit is outweighed by the restriction/resistance encountered as you drive your leg forward. My favourites are the Salamon XA Raid tights which I don't notice I'm wearing whereas with the CW-X I always feel like they are restricting the forward movement of my leg.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Ryan

> I would prefer a performance tight made with muscle support panels
    Your muscles need support panels?????? Wierd. Mine stay up by themselves.

> I would just buy some ultralight tights
    I assume that this means you don't need much warmth?

You need to distinguish between thermal underwear for keeping you warm (good thing) and marketing hype (for putting money into the pockets of the shops and manufacturers) about clothing which basically restricts the flow of blood up and down your limbs and makes you colder.

Just my 2c.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools