Topic

Ezy Dose Pill Pouches

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ezy Dose Pill Pouches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I recently bought a package of Ezy Dose Pill Pouches and am finding them quite useful for carrying small things (e.g. pills). Fifty of these small ziploc type bags weigh about 1 ounce. I bought mine at a Safeway pharmacy. They were on a rack with pill boxes and similar items.

Here's more info:

PILLS

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I've been using these for a long time.

For food, I carry seasonings or chili paste in them. This is what I use them for most, especially for the chili paste to go in ramen/noodles.

In my FA kit, I carry pills in them.

In my firestarting kit, I have some tinder in one. (I use sticks of jute twine dipped in paraffin; they fit nice in these pouches)

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I stopped using them since the ziplock thingy would eventually rip.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I like mine for the above reasons and toothpaste also spices,salt, pepper and for fish lemon pepper and grillmate seasonings the tops do like to tear off but they are light and a couple extra are worth packing

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

>> I stopped using them since the ziplock thingy would eventually rip.

I've had this problem, too. Thankfully, it's never resulted in catastrophic failure (ugly mess in a pack).

Did you find a better option?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Ken, the only thing I was using them for was medications. Since I only take a few different meds (tylenol, ibuprofen, benadryl) I throw them all in the smallest pill container I can find and call it a day : ).

If I were using them for spices, maybe I would add packing tape to the periphery to prevent failure, or be more careful in opening the ziplock.

Don A.
    BPL Member

@amrowinc

Locale: Southern California

I recently bought a new supply of these from my local pharmacy and was disappointed to find they were of a lighter weight plastic than the ones I've had before. I never had a problem with the heavier bags zip lock ripping but I think the current lighter ones will have that issue. Like with anything a little care is in order. I do like the size, especially for carrying pills–hmmm, that's what they're for anyway.

Don

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

+1 Here!

I use them to hold a book of matches & fire starters, Advil's and spices for cooking. I have never had problems w/ the zip-lock closure.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I bought an assortment (100 of each) 2 mil "ziplocks"- came w/ 2×2, 2×3, 3×3, 3×4 and 3×5- never had a problem w/ the seals- far from bombproof, but for meds, matches, tinder, spices, etc they are very handy

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

You can buy many different sizes of these small ziplock bags at your local crafts store. They'll usually be somewhere near the beads. I use them for pills and many other small items. No trouble with the zipper on these.

Derek Kind
    BPL Member

@berethorn

These are great, best way to organize pills I've found, and I'm sure they're useful for spices and foodstuffs as well. Put a few of these in a slightly bigger ziplock along with bandaids/etc for a very compact first aid kit. Sure beats using those mini bottles. :)

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Also in the craft section at WalMart………

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

I don’t know how comfortable folks are here about walking into head shops, but I finally found the smallest zip-lock bags I’ve ever seen. I was told before you could find them in a jewelry shop, but my local head shop was the first place I’ve been able to secure these 1 1/2” x 1 ½” baggies. The Marlboro Red kid working the front counter told me they were called “gram bags”. I decided to go with the red bulldog logos. It was either that or the 8-ball, or the classic naked woman silhouette dotted on the outside. I paid $6.00 for a pack of 100. I use them for pills, dry spices, fire starter, etc…

Mini Zips

This is the only place I’ve been able to find them, but maybe Anna will follow this up with an 8 year old BPL thread, or a link to someone selling them on Ebay.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

There's nothing wrong with smoking weed, but to some there is. Nice find.

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

"There's nothing wrong with smoking weed, but to some there is. Nice find."

Been there, done that… I still enjoy walking into a quality head/pot shop from time to time though.

backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

These were a pretty good find. However, more recently, the company has switched to a very light weight plastic. The old ones eventually ripped as someone above noted; the new version tends to rip the first time you unzip them.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

If you have a vacuum bag sealer, you can make any size you want out of regular zip bags

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

>"If you have a vacuum bag sealer, you can make any size you want out of regular zip bags"

I was pretty sure that was true, but didn't want to say since I'd never done it. We are, as Alaskans, are statutorially required to have 2 operating plus one inoperable vac-packer at all times.

Plan ahead and you can make 2 to 4 out of a single, larger ziplock. And you can choose between sandwich-bag, regular- or freezer-weight bags.

For stuff I DON'T plan on using (first aid supplies, the extra backup toilet paper, or fire-starting supplies (in my life jacket while boating and flying in small planes), I actually vac-pack them. Makes it small, waterproof and the material is tougher than ziplock bags.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I don't know how well the thinner bags work, might just make a mess

Freezer bags – you have to let them sit there to cool a moment

You have to play with it a little, not really designed for those bag

the bags that come with it work better

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Have been using these for years and the product cost is reasonable…..1000 @ $4.71 +

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=42307&catid=883&clickid=searchresults

backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

timdcy, those are a real find! I may have to visit an MJ emporium just for the baggies.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

+1 on the mini zips. a couple years ago i bought an 150 bag mixed size assortment on ebay for like $6.

great for pills, instant coffee, spices, other small food items, coglans fuel tabs, matches, lighters, first aid, tinder, electronics.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I use the tiny ones for meds of course.

Also for a few feet of unwaxed dental floss & needle, and for and my earplugs. The needle has each end stuck into a small scrap of balsa wood so no pokey-pokey.

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Hartley,

Living in a state like Colorado allows me to visit the emporiums on quite a regular basis if I ever needed to… still working my way through the same bulldog baggies from last year.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Still using Ez Dose here. Since the vendor moved to a lighter weight plastic, I have to be more careful opening and closing the bags, but…they're lighter weight than before! They're the Dri-Ducks of tiny ziploc bags–an ultralight deal if you're careful with them.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools