Topic

Cecil Lake to Iceberg Lake Cross Country?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Cecil Lake to Iceberg Lake Cross Country?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I'm planning on doing a version of the Yosemite to Minarets hike described in Backpacking California minus the x-c, in reverse (starting at Lyell Canyon TH and ending at Mono Pass TH. My 2nd night will be spent at either Iceberg Lake, Cecil Lake or Minaret Lake on 9/27, depending on how I feel after hiking from Marie Lakes. Thanks to google + the book, I can see that the route involves crossing 800' of scree at fairly steep grade with the lake at the bottom, possibly snow-covered, and then ascending a chute to Cecil.

Has anyone been up there recently? Is there still snow? If it's bad(I'd be wearing trail runners) I could just spend the night a Iceberg or Ediza, double back and continue my loop on from there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools