Topic

new camera bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear new camera bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

Its not part of any light& amd;fast setup or anything but I made a new case for my video camera.
    Entirely of Dyneema grid stop and blue foam. The zipper I butchered off a pack I got at salvation army for .25cents

new caseold case, new case

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Really nice work, Eric. I especially like the way you've integrated the side buckles to hold the lid down. That's an idea I will have to use on my own iteration of a camera bag. I take it that there is no zipper under the lid? How did you seal the zipper stitches? Silicon sealer? I'm curious about if there is a quick access opening along the reinforcement area at the hinge of the lid. Looks like something is there. What am I looking at?

Nathan Moody
    BPL Member

@atomick

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Wow! That looks great. The LowePro toploader I use is 1.5lbs. and I think there's pent up demand for something that looks that good and and weighs…well, how much DOES that thing weigh? Most camera cases are overpadded and made with overly bomber materials for what conditions they're typically put through. Your choice of material's a smart compromise.

Outstanding!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice! Professional job.

It looks like it could be from the new 2007 Golite product line

Regards

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

Thanks Guys!
    You're right there is no zipper under the lid. There is a band of velcro above the zippered pocket then the 2 buckles for side closure. I used Grosgrain ribbon to close off the sides of the padded panels and I found out when finishing it that if I pulled the ribbon a certain way when sewing I could make the tops of the side panels curve inward so the lid closes very well.
    The gridstop dyneema fabric is so nice to work with, the grid pattern makes Cutting and checking seam allowances a dream. For hip belt attachment I also made my own verson of the velco system used by OR's insulated water bottle cozies.

Lid
    Here is a pic of the top.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools