Topic

Free spreadsheet program with collaboration

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Free spreadsheet program with collaboration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

Most people probably know about this, but in case you don't…

Google Docs is a free online service that lets you create spreadsheets. It's not as full-featured as Excel, but it's a lot cheaper and works very well for gear list purposes. Perhaps the most useful features for BPLers are:
    1) You can authorize people to make comments and changes to the spreadsheet, so community help can be much more organized.
    2) Everything is completely online, so you don't have to upload a file. Just put a link to the file in your post, and there it is for everyone to see.

ian wright

@ianwright

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980

Thanks for that.
    I'm having trouble with my internet connection so I quickly added that google site to my favourites and will look into it later.
    I do all my lists and spreadsheets in my signmaking software which cannot be shared, silly but it's easy to use and I can fuss over the appearance.

Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

Alas, there's a 512 kb (1/2 mb) limit on Google spreadsheets, and my packing list (and others that I wanted to share for other purposes) just nudged over that limit this year.

Great idea, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools