Topic

Recommendation for a dehydrator?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Recommendation for a dehydrator?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I'm a rehydrate it separately from the pasta kind of girl. I tear it into small pieces (or if I accidentally over-dry it at home I grind into a powder).

R Y
    BPL Member

@rhyang

Rehydrating separately worked well for me. I'm a convert. I also brought some banana chips and put it in my usual trail mix. How did I go without one of these things for so long ??

Thanks again all for the advice.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

RY – next thing you know you'll be saving supper leftovers and drying those. As we speak, I have a bunch of what I call "kitchen soup" on the dehydrator now. It's a minestrone type mixture that I make to use up veggies before they start going funky in the fridge. I call it "kitchen soup" because it uses whatever I have in the kitchen and is different every time. My point is that you don't even need recipes once you get the basic techniques down pat. Anyway, I'm getting off track here… occupational hazard.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools