Topic

cuben fiber

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals cuben fiber

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

Locale: IN

no longer available

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

I'm interested in some. I don't want 4.5 meters, but I'd be in for about two depending on price and color

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

Price would be the main determinant but I would be interested in 1-3 yards preferably in black

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

Pm sent

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

I'm interisted, but need to know a price before i commit. I'll send you a PM. Color isn't a huge deal if the price is right.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I would be interested in a meter or two if that helps the order and it is not too expensive. Never really played with the stuff so it would be nice.

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

nm

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

nm

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Care to share how much the 9meter order from Cubic Tech cost you?

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

nm

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

Locale: East Bay, CA

smells like chicken of the sea, but ill bite… HOW MUCH PER YARD ARE YOU CHARGING?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

FWIW, there isn't a lot of margin when cuben is sold by a manufacturer (ie. Zpacks, QuestQutfitters) unless maybe they are getting a super deal if they buy 99 yards or more. Even then, I doubt the margin is much more than $5/yd. Usually if you buy 9 meters from Cubic Tech and pay shipping (perhaps twice) then you're not saving much. The main advantage is you can get the color and weight that you want, while online sellers don't have everything available.

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

nm

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

duplicate post…nm

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

duplicate post…nm

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

So you want me to contact the mfg for the price YOU are charging… does that really make sense to you? give us YOUR per yard price and what you charge for shipping…

also, isn't cubic-tech the ONLY manufacturer right now?

If not, please provide links to somewhere else that's the OEM for cuben, sorry if I come off as brash, but your post has me confused I suppose…

but PLEASE POST YOUR PRICE PER YARD and shipping. If you dont mind…

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

It seems pretty obvious that the OP was only buying 9 meters from Cubic Tech, and arranged with a few people upthread to go in on the buy. All of it was spoken for, and the OP made the purchase. I didn't get the impression he has any extra, or is offering any material for sale to anyone other than those who originally went in on the buy with him. I might be curious about the price Cubic Tech offered him, but as I missed out on the buy, it really isn't any of my business…

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

Yes, the nine meters of fabric are all reserved, I will let you guys know if someone quit.

There is a registration process I need to go before I get the price list from the Cubic Tech, I don't want to get into any trouble to post their price list. Hope you folks can understand!

Cubic Tech is the only manufacturer as far as I known.

I am very sorry if my posts have you confused.

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Ruohao,

I was unaware that you were bound to a non-disclosure agreement to not distribute their price list. I'm in the market for some Cuben and was simply trying to find the best deal. I thought you could help in getting me an idea of the cost. I'll contact Cubic Tech on my own behalf.

Thanks

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

I'm must missing something on this one… what was the point of your offering if they were spoken for?

or did the first posters get your "deal"

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

First posters were the ones that got in on the deal. Pricing from cubic wasn't that bad. But shipping made it a little pricier for a group buy. imo.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

The minimum buy is 9 yards.

The OP wanted to buy.

The OP needed less than 9 yards.

He let other people go in on his buy.

The order was placed.

People will get their cuben and life goes on.

There never was any for sale, it was spoken for before the order was placed.

There was never any offered as a "deal" , the deal is you could have gotten in on the order, and bought less than the minimum 9 yards you would need if you wanted to order direct yourself.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

FYI, I got this price list from Cubic Tech just before they started with the non-disclosure agreement. If you want color is an extra 10% on top of these prices, and I assume 2011 prices are up a couple percent for inflation. You also need to pay them to ship it to you, which is probably reasonable if you are in the USA but they want like $150 if you're in Canada.

prices

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools