Topic

Where to buy colored dropper bottles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Where to buy colored dropper bottles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

Where can I find the mini and micro dropper bottles with colored caps?

I have seen the US Plastics link and the one about the Nalgene version.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=25040&clickid=redirect

BUT I am looking for the ones similar to these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BAoy3VC3uy8

I like that they are white so they are easy to write on and have the colored caps to designate between them.

Thank you!

Side note – can you buy aquamira in larger containers than these?
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___25673

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

IIRC, the larger white bottles with colored caps are the Nalgene version.

They come/came (I believe they're no longer made) in clear and white.

I'm pretty sure you can't get AM in any larger size, at least as a consumer.

Steve Gaioni
    BPL Member

@sgaioni

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

http://www.amazon.com/Nalgene-Dropper-Bottles-Assorted-Colored/dp/B003OBYXP0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1316433970&sr=8-12

If you sniff around amazon.com a bit you can find the white HDPE dropper bottles too.

Steve Gaioni
    BPL Member

@sgaioni

here are white bottles (LDPE…not HDPE. mea culpa)

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

Side note – can you buy aquamira in larger containers than these?
    1 ounce

AM is also available in 2 ounce bottles

Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

I appreciate the help, but I dont need a case of 25… Anyone know any other places to get them?

Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

I just found this, not the colored tops but I guess I could spray paint them

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1483115

and the micro

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1991261

Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

I read somewhere about the quality of the bottles not being great. Does anyone have experience with that?

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I haven't heard anything negative about the droppers at arrowhead, but they look exactly like the US Plastic ones I have. It wouldn't surprise me if he buys them there and then up-sells them.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

""It wouldn't surprise me if he buys them there and then up-sells them.""

A lot of places do; though a reasonable mark up is, well, reasonable, if that's the case.
    Straight from USPlastics is the way to go, though, even with shipping, IME.

Steve Gaioni
    BPL Member

@sgaioni

Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

$3 each is pretty steep I think.

I need:
    2 mini bottles for repackaging Aquamira
    1 micro drop bottle for the mix

Id like to have one extra of both of those

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I bought a bunch when I ordered from US Plastics…I may have extras in the sizes you need that I could send you. I'll check in the morning for you if you're interested – its too late to be scrounging through backpacking gear right now.

Ben Franklin

@brokeenthusiast

I'd appreciate that, please let me know

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Ben said: "I read somewhere about the quality of the bottles not being great. Does anyone have experience with that?"

A few days late to the conversation but I would really appreciate to know where you read that? I work really hard to take care of our customers and if someone out there had any trouble I would like to take care of the situation and make it right. PM me the details if you would.

Personally I have never had any trouble with the bottles, I have packed everything from Olive Oil for cooking to hot sauce for my burritos to contact solution, soap samples that we sell in our Tenkara shop and of course fuel for my stove with never a leak.

For anyone that wants to give out quality a test I'll make an offer. PM me for my address, send me a self addressed, postage paid envelope and I'll send 1 free 10cc bottle to try out.

Paul

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Lots of places to get the colored top ones or plain top ones…BUT

Way back I got some colored ones and used them on one trip…then the next trip I could not remember what I put in what – too many colors to remember – I did not want cross contamination even if I washed them and then repackaged – even 3 different top colors were too many to remember those months later- never mind trying to remember on the trail day to day if maybe one day was crazy long and I was tired and it was dark…

I switched to the plain tops but the sides were clear or white and I wrote on the sides in big letters or used tape. Only the Aqua Mira A and B get different colored tops/bottle for me now and I label them also. Problem solved.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools