Topic

I Took Mike’s Advice On Socks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique I Took Mike’s Advice On Socks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

In Southeast Louisiana where I have lived all my life we are quite accustomed to wet feet. When I was younger and out hunting in the woods with my father the most common footwear was wool socks inside of laced up rubber boots.

Shrimpers and other fishermen 'til this day still wear the traditional white, mid calf height rubber boots.

Hip boots have there uses in recreational activities and our occasional floods.

This past weekend while out on a day hike I experienced what some of us on this forum have come to accept as acceptable footwear in ankle deep or higher water while hiking.

It works for me! ;-)

;-)” height=”733″ src=”https://dpcr19kltm61a.cloudfront.net/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1315829567_48787.jpg” width=”550″ />

FWIW I was wearing Merrell Moab Ventilators with some socks from JC Penny. My socks are Simply For Sports ankle high and completely synthetic. They have cushioned bottoms and thin tops. I walked them dry after multiple stream crossings on my weekly training hike in my local state park.

Party On,

Newton

Edited to repair broken link.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools