Topic

Fabric Score his Week

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Fabric Score his Week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robert perks

@rperks

Still catching up from this week, but I had to share this week's score with people who could really appreciate it. My wife works for, and I hope to, a big name in the outdoor business who is headquartered here in Ventura,Ca. his past week thay had a fabric sale for employees, friends and family. I was pretty stoked as many of their sales are internal and not open to the public. I was the first one there at 10 AM, and I am sure I looked like a little kid at their first christmas.

Two tables coverd 3 feet deep with all sorts of short rolls of material lay before me. I was there for a really long time reading every label and touching everything I could get my hands on. Most if it was garmet material, fleece and poly blends that are not the main materials of discussion here. There was little or no pack cloth of much interest, just some of the standard poly coated nylon. I did manage to pick up some fun things though.

Sample stoke

Some R1 and R2 fleece, 4 yards of wool4, some light cotton for a summer project, a small piece of down proof material to make a pillow, and some waterprof breetable that is wicked light. Also of note is the Climashield apex and the blue gray roll of merino wool. I am thinking of making a summer quilt or 2 with the apex. The roll of wool is about the weight of t-shirt material, kind of sretchy, and I bought 15 yards. I have some ideas on what I want to make with it, but 15 yards is a bunch. I will likely shed some of the apex and light weight merino wool in the neaar future.

First I need to sort out what am going to make and clear out the apsce around the sewing machines. Once Ihave a handle on that I will update on any leftovers to share.

Rob

http://oceanaircycles.com/

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

I'll get in line first If you'd let go a yard or 2 of that merino wool id really appreciate it

Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I'd be right behind him on the merino. If shopping were more like your experience all the time, I think I would enjoy it a lot more. It looks like you find some really great stuff.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Robert, PM me if you're interested in trading some of that merino for some more specialized gear making materials.

Whatever you're looking for, I'm sure I've got it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools