Topic

Late winter circuit of Mt Bogong, Australia

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Late winter circuit of Mt Bogong, Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Bishop
    BPL Member

@copperhead

Locale: Down Under

Two weeks ago I spent 5 days walking a circuit near Mt Bogong, one of Australia's highest mountains.

It was a ton of fun and included nearly losing my tent in high winds on Mt Bogong, encountering faeries in the Grey Hills, getting a lesson in the physics of gas stoves and enjoying some great weather in a beautiful area during the last week of the southern hemisphere winter.

I have put details of the trip in my blog, which you can read here.

View from the Spion Kopje Fire Trail

Rob Ford
    Spectator

@rob_tampahotmail-com

Locale: South East

Very cool. Sounds like an Epic trip :)

Andrew Bishop
    BPL Member

@copperhead

Thanks, Rob.

It was terrific fun. Now I need some way to get my mind out of the snow and back into work.

Andrew

Mark Primack
    BPL Member

@bufa

Locale: Cape Cod and Northern Newfoundland

What a fabulous sold adventure. My heart with beating with yours as the wind tore at your shelter and send your goods flying. Great pics. I had no idea there were snowy mountains in Australia. Thanks.

Andrew Bishop
    BPL Member

@copperhead

Hi Mark

The Aussie mountains are on the small side, but the southern peaks get good wintertime snow cover and skiing of all flavours isvery popular. Our neighbour (and my originalhome) New Zealand, is probably better known for mountains.

Of course, Aus also has golden beaches, a desert centre and fabulous hot summers. :)

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

Locale: Wandering

Andrew,

Great trip report. An added bonus was the great link to the treks-and-walks of New Zealand website.

Andrew Bishop
    BPL Member

@copperhead

Hi Diane

Yeah – the NZ wilderness is amazing, particularly the South Island west coast, with its high mountains, fast-flowing rivers, deep valleys, relentless rain and crazy-bad sand flies.

Andrew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools