Topic

Emigrant Wilderness Area Weekend Trip September 17-18

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Emigrant Wilderness Area Weekend Trip September 17-18

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Anyone interested in a weekend trip to the Emigrant Wilderness Area next weekend (September 17 and 18)? The Mrs. is away for a work meeting and I thought I would make the most of the weekend. I was considering hiking off on Sonora Pass near Leavitt Lake or hiking out of Leavitt Meadows. I am open to other suggestions. I am okay with a leisurely stop and smell the flowers trip or pushing the limits of what my body can do.

I could leave after work on Friday night or Saturday morning. I would be leaving out of Modesto and I am open to carpooling. All are welcome to join.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I would David, That's a great area. I have tickets for the Thievry Corporation on the 16Th but would definitely rally for a very early departure on Saturday. I would prefer (push the body) but I am open for anything maybe some fishing. It should be a GO but I need to talk to my boss-wife to make sure. I will PM you ASAP.

Thanks. –J.W.–

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Dave, I think I would too, though a more mellow one after getting home on Monday from my trip might suit me more. Let me know

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I'm seeing UFO that Saturday night!

Otherwise I would be up for it…….

Loren Mauch

@lorenmauch

Locale: CA-Central Valley

David,

I would love to join you, but I am leaving to hike the JMT on the 20! I'm replying because I also live in the Modesto area (Riverbank) and do as much backpacking as possible during the summer. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

Have a great trip!

Loren

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Jay sent me a PM and he is in for this weekend. It sounds like we have narrowed it down to a hike out of Leavitt Meadows. There are a variety of destinations (Lower and Upper Long Lakes, Cinko Lake, Lake Harriet, etc.) and we can reach a consensus on the final destination depending on the preferences of who is able to attend.

@Ken
    – I hope you can make it. It would be great to catch up and hear about your trip. FYI, I think I am going to be in Emigrant on the weekend Oct 1-2 with my boss from work. If a group of BPLers is going to be in Emigrant that weekend I was going to try and meet up. If I dont see you this weekend I will likely see you in Oct.

@David
    – Sorry you can't make it. UFO?

@Loren
    – Have a great JMT expereince. We can definitely get together for some trips. Do you snowshoe? You should plan on the annual BPL meetup in Cache Creek (Feb. 17-20). Its great to have another BPLer so close.

James Winstead
    Spectator

@james_w

Locale: CA

David, this is a bit last minute, but I think I'm in if you'll have me.

I thought I had plans already, but they fell through.

Sounds like fun!

I'll probably be planning to get to the trailhead early Saturday morning too.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Dave, count me out buddy…..I have a lot of work to do at home and I have been getting some resistance for this weekend. You guys all have a great hike!

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

James, glad you are able to join us! Sent you a PM.

Ken, sorry you can't make it but I'll hopefully see you in Oct.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Still down with Oct. Hope our paths cross. I have some cool stories to tell….

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Looking forward to this trip. I was at Cinko Lake about 6 years ago and plus there are lots of Lake options every where. The weather report looks good too! Hows the fishing out there Dave? Thanks

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

I have never been on the east side of Sonora Pass but I know the West Walker is a popular fishing spot. I was googling some of the lakes in the area and there were lots of pictures of beautiful trout caught. I am going to take my fishing gear and give it a shot.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Cool I will bring my fishing gear also. I will call ya Thursday afternoon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools