Topic

What page am I on?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support What page am I on?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Background
    Sometimes, when looking for something in a forum I'll want to move one page forward or one page backward. To do so I have to choose the target page from a list of blue page numbers at the bottom of the page.

Problem
    I don't know what page I'm on so I don't know what page comes before or after.

Questions
    Is there an easy way to see what page I'm on? or Is there an easy way to move 1 page forward or backward? Other solutions?

Comment
    I'm guessing that the blue page numbers at the bottom of the page are supposed to be bold or lit up or something like that to show the current page. Mine don't/aren't. It would be helpful if the current page was in brackets.

Daryl

adam spates

@adamspates

Locale: southeast

The page your on should be black. However it would be nice to add a next button like most forum bases.

Stephen B Elder Jr
    Spectator

@selder

Locale: Front range CO

Also, at least using Windows/IE, if you point at a page # your cursor will become a pointy finger and the page # will be underlined IF you are pointing at a page # other than the page which you are on.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Adam,

No luck on the black page #.

Steve,

Bingo! The pointy finger/underlined thing worked.

I finally know where I am. I was starting to worry that the parallel universe thing was acting up again.

Daryl

noneur business
    Spectator

@that_one_dude

I agree it is a bit cumbersome for multipage threads. Next/previous links are pretty common with modern forum software.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools