Topic

Trekking Poles (esp. GossamerGear)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trekking Poles (esp. GossamerGear)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell Keil

@mitchellkeil

Locale: Deep in the OC

I am interested in any comment that members of this community have had using carbon fiber or composite ski poles as alternatives to the traditional 3 section or single section trekking poles. Right now, the end of the ski season, one can often find high quality poles for 1/3 the cost of comparable trekking poles. In fact, I just noted a pair of K2 50/50 graphite and fiberglass poles for $30 weighing 15 oz for the pair at 135cm at my local ski shop. For $30 what could one lose?

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I noticed this in the ADZPCTKO article. A 61 x .5 inch carbon tube weighing in at 4 ounces for $79
    http://www.luxurylite.com/stikindex.html
    A solid pole with adjustable grip to almost anywhere on the pole. It would be interesting to hear more on this.

Matthew Petty
    Spectator

@mpetty

Valcour (the LuxuryLite owner) posts semi-regularly at http://www.backpacking.net and has made several posts about the TrailStiks. Do a search of the Lite Gear Forum.

David Spellman

@dspellman

The GG poles weigh in at 4.1 oz. The new ones at about 4.6 oz (larger diameter, different grips, different tips). Even the REI carbon ones weigh in at about 10 oz per pair, and they’re adjustable…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools