Topic

Grommets for ridge line tie outs on tarp?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Grommets for ridge line tie outs on tarp?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I'm just about to start doing my first MYOG project. Well, I'm going to do the usual stuff sacks first. Then an 8×10 flat tarp. I've tried searching on here for this but it's hard to find stuff here, especially with the keywords I have to use. It seems like grommets would be the way to go for the two ridge line tie outs because I use trekking poles and they would slide right in. I haven't so far haven't seen anybody selling the webbing with grommets. Do you put the grommets in the webbing yourself? What size webbing should be used? I'm sure this has been asked and answered before so any links to the info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Check out THIS Thread.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Thanks Greg. The pole pockets look good. How did you make them?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

They are 1.9 coated taffeta square-top cylinders (think "stuff sack")with a grosgrain collar to transfer the load. One side is stitched to the tarp tie-out that used to have the LineLock, the other side now has that LineLock attached via a grosgrain loop.

It pays to make them sturdy. These have been well tested and are still quite solid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools