Topic

websites for raw materials

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear websites for raw materials

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I've never done a big MYOG but now am interested. I'm blanking on the companies that people have used for raw materials. I'm primarily looking for silnylon and grosgrain. Can you guys help? Thanks

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

DIY Gear Supply has what you want. You can get sil-nylon seconds for something like $3 per running yard from Noah Lamport.

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

uuuuhhhhmmmm- Seattle Fabrics, Quest Outfitters,uh, Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics (owf), to name a few more…

I think there's some more but I'm drawing a blank.

BM

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Oh, and the most obvious- Thru Hiker. Can't believe I blanked on that one.

BM

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

More complete list is in the wiki: http://wiki.backpackinglight.com/Category:Sources

Keith Bassett

@keith_bassett

Locale: Pacific NW

Dimension Polyant will sell Xpac directly to home users, from their stock. And they have super cheap seconds.

I have been pretty darned happy with the service and the quality of the materials.

I also used noah lamport for silnylon, and they were easy to work with also.

K

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools