Topic

Quick! Beta on bugs? Ice? Sierras?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Quick! Beta on bugs? Ice? Sierras?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Pramuk
    BPL Member

@gpramuk

Locale: West

I'm leaving Tuesday. Sierra High Route from Twin Lakes. Do I need my bug net? I'll have a head net at a totally unthinkable .67 ounces. They should be dieing off around now, but it has been a weird late year. I am planning on bringing my ice axe… but I don't want to. Again, weird late year, high on snow. Do I need it for the SHR sobo this late? Can I wear shorts sans deet? How have thunderstorms been?

Quick gear overview and plans and background for reference.
    Golite Jam, MH Phantom 32, torso ridgerest, bear can, thermals, light raincoat/windbreaker, no cook, aquamira, cuben flat tarp. Typical ultralight. 30ish miles per day on trails. thinking more like 15-18 in the Sierras with time for navigation, swimming, climbing, route finding, scrambling…

I'll probably just catch the bus out at Reds if it is still open, or pony up the big bucks at VVR for food. Save 35 on shipping+pickup fee and spend it on $3 Clif Bars.

OK! I think That is it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools