Topic

Denali!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Denali!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Thought I'd share a few pics from a few years back. We had planned for 3 nights but flash flood warnings were in effect and threatening to leave us stranded. We did an overnighter starting about 65 miles in on the access road. We worked our back to the Eielson Visitor Center to catch the bus back out before the storm hit.

Moose!

Where is the mountain?

Summer twilight

Denail's Lower Flanks

Dinner time

Peak to the right of Denali

Glorious Morning

Mt. Eielson

Tent view

Massive Valley

Valley View

Me

Great View

Alaska Plains

Clouds closing in

Ridge walking

Ridge walk

Grizzly

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area

Stunning images! I especially like the one with the yellow tent in the foreground and some the black and white images. Thanks for sharing.

What photography equipment did you have with you?

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Thanks Trevor!

Let's see….Back on this trip I had a Nikon D80 with a Nikon 18-70 zoom and an old Nikon 70-210. I carry a Polarizer and 2 Galen Rowell Split ND filters. I also carried a Gitzo Carbon tripod and a small Benro ballhead which together weigh about 3 pounds.

I've now upgraded to a D700 and some other lenses. The D700 is a beast to carry but I love the image quality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools