Topic

Tarp guyline reinforcements

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tarp guyline reinforcements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

I am looking at various ways for reinforcing the guy line attachments.
    The standard is a layer of fabric at 45 degrees and then some type of webbing sewn with the x-box pattern.

I have not seen this one. Comments?

tarp guy line attachment

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Looks interesting. My only comment would be that this system looks like it would work best if the guy line remained perpendicular to the dowel at all times. With some of the different pitches, that's not exactly possible. But for a shaped tarp that's only meant to be pitched one way would be a good application to try it out.

BM

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

Looks heavy.

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Thanks guys.

Yes, the line would have to be captured on the dowel so it does not slide, but I agree it would work best as shown. It is probably heavier than the webbing, I need to check.

Any ideas what the load is on a guy line? Some line I see is rated at 250 pounds. Some people use mason's line. I have not seen any rated over 35 pounds.

I will make a prototype next weekend and load it to failure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools