Topic

Snowpeak 700 perfect lid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Snowpeak 700 perfect lid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Winstead
    Spectator

@james_w

Locale: CA

Greetings all,

This is my very first **fanfare** myog post, but I stumbled along something I have to share.

While shopping for ways to contain things I found this at the container store:
    container store

I thought this could be an experimental tiny pot so I dug deep in my savings account to pick one up. Turns out its actually only probably about a 14oz capacity, not the 16 quoted, but I'm not that picky.

Anyways, that possible pot is another project, but:perfecto

The lid fits absolutely perfectly inside my sp700 mug! It even sorta pops in so I can shake the mug around (lightly) with the rest of my mess kit inside and it holds tight! Now just the simple matter of punching a tiny hole and adding a knob/handle. The only scale I have is an old school postal one like with a needle that isn't really precise past 1/2 oz so I can't give you an exact weight. However, its like paperthin aluminum I can put a tiny dimple in with my fingernail. I'd guess like 3/4 of an ounce or so?

All in all a perfect <$2 piece of gear!

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Great idea its gotta be better than what snow peak sends. I really like the jet boil lid it snaps on really nice on the sp700. You can order just the lid from jet boil I stole mine off my PCS and then sold the stove without. they are like $6 but I bet shipping would kill you for one. Sounds like an idea for a bpl member mass purchase

Brendan West
    BPL Member

@bderw

Locale: Northeast Pennsylvania

Not to discount your ingenuity, but here's another option from Jason Klass: http://snowpeak600lid.webs.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools