Topic

Updated Gear List JMT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Updated Gear List JMT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

I have updated my Gear List for my 6 day JMT trip in early September.

Gear List

Comments appreciated.

We are going in at Kearsarge and coming out at South Lake. My bag is 30 (really more like 35) degree and I expect a few nights in the mid 20s so the down clothing is to extend the rating as I do not have a 20 degree bag.

Thanks

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I think your list looks great so there really isn’t much to say. I tend to think that you probably will be fine in your bag (assuming it is good to 30*) without the down pants, but you never know. I also question the need for the balaclava when you already have a warm hat and use a bag with a hood. That being said, it is only 1.4oz so it isn’t a big item.

The steripen and associated bottles are a little heavy compared to chemical options, but you can make the argument that it can let you carry less water so in reality that might end up a wash.

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

Yeah it's a good list. I'd be content with it. You know your tradeoffs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools