Topic

Esbit beer can that works

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Esbit beer can that works

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ziff house

@mrultralite

After finally getting out there this year, i tried my beer can esbit and found it to be a dud, lukewarm supper , blah. My old set up W/Ti pot + Msr wind screen always worked fine, boil 8 min.
    So what was wrong? The can has a smaller bottom than the pot so the flames lick up the sides AND in this case blew out the vent holes in the bottom as the windscreen was to close to the can. Solution? raise the pot to Esbit distance 2.75 '' instead of 1.75. More [lots] space between pot windscreen, + add more windscreen on top. One vent hole at bottom , so screen is bombproof. Still just 85 gms all in.

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

I don't see a lid on or by the pot you are using one correct?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Lids make a lot of difference. A flimsy lid out of aluminum foil is better than nothing at all, but a thicker piece of aluminum will last a lot longer.

–B.G.–

ziff house

@mrultralite

it does. but gets hot enough without.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools