Topic

sil pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear sil pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

so this is my second attempt at making a pack and im super happy with how it turned out one of my projects came together as planned lol.The dimensions are 20x12x7 the side pouches are just right for a water bottle and some bars or two bottles.The front pouch for a tarp and small items.The pack is made with sil 2nds and mesh from diy gear the top lid is purely for weather purpose there is no pocket its just a flap under the flap its a draw cord closure.Weight is 4 ouncesPACK

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It looks great William.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

William,

I looked at the DIY website and read about the mesh that you used. On the DIY site it says that the mesh stretches one way. Did you use the mesh in a way that allows the stretch to work side to side or top to bottom?

If the stretchiness of the mesh is side to side consider using a small piece of webbing and side release adjustable buckle to connect the pocket to the lid for added compression down the center line of your pack.

Your pack lid is a good idea with the drawstring top closure of your featherweight pack.

We need some more pictures, different views and construction details such as your pack's shoulder straps how you intend to pack it.

Are you going to use a rolled or folded flat pad for the virtual frame? What kind of pad do you use? Is the compression cordage over the front pocket shockcord or non-stretch cord?

I'm very happy your project turned out as planned. ;-)

This is a fine example of a SUL silnylon pack.

Party On,

Newton

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

I will get new pics up as soon as possible newton. As for the mesh I alined it to stretch side to side the compression cord is 2mm cord not shock cord I am out of town but will post the pic of the side backpanel / shoulder straps and a top view when I get to my laptop. I'll get some more detail pics of the pack when I get back in town on the 22nd

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

packpackpack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools