Topic

Good times at Summer OR 2011

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Good times at Summer OR 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

I got a job back in March with the Outdoor Industry Association working in membership after working for Golite for awhile. The Outdoor Retailer shows are our 'super bowl' events so it was a busy time for me in the membership department, running around signing up new members and meeting existing members. I've been on these forums for years and being a gear junky it was like being in gear heaven!! I didn't get a chance to really look at gear or post during the week but, here are some pics of my adventure at OR and the people I met.

Main Entrance to the Salt Palace

Main entrance to the Salt Palace

Show Floor

Big Agnes on the show floor

Patagonia sign

Best Poster at all of OR!!

Mike Clelland

Meeting MIke Clelland at a book signing, Thanks Mike!

Ueil

Meeting Ueli Steck– see his video of climbing the Eiger before I even have lunch

Will

Met Will from BPL at where else but the Cuben Fiber booth…

Tyler H
    BPL Member

@ctwnwood

Locale: Madison

Awesome! We were just saying this is what we needed… thanks!

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

Thanks! I wish I could have done more reviews or gotten more pics for you guys but, I was so busy running around. Most of these shots were taken during Happy Hour, which seemed to start at 4 pm sharp at the show..

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Are we getting any info on the summer 2011 Outdoor Retailer show from BPL? I don't usually read the weekly emails from BPL so maybe they said it's coming up, but I'm used to seeing it show up real-time on the days of the show (which was over on the 7th). Anybody know? I see by your pictures that Will and Mike were there, so hopefully we will eventually see some info. I'm hoping that the hard financial times at BPL aren't preventing them doing any sort of coverage on this event.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Next Week

* Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2011 Coverage! by Will Rietveld, Janet Reichl, and Damien Tougas. Parts 1-4 (all published simultaneously), arranged by gear category, showcase the best and brightest of what these guys discovered on the Show floor.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools